Infinix Mobile have started rolling out Android 8.1 Oreo update for Infinix Note 4 Pro just before the launch of the Infinix Note 5 smartphone. They had earlier released Android 8.0 Oreo update for Infinix Note 4 few months back, a very much needed update.
Infinix claims that this official update comes with improved battery features and enhanced performance. The update is being released in batches and it is about 2GB in size.
How To Update Infinix Note 4 Pro to Android 8.1 Oreo
Here’s how to check for Android Oreo update on your Infinix Note 4 or Infinix Note 4 Pro
- Simply click on the Settings icons > About Phone >System Update. Your device will automatically check for the update.
- Once it’s available, tap on “Download And Install” to download the Android Oreo update on your Note 4 Pro or Note 4 smartphone.
Few things to keep in place before installing the Infinix Note 4 Pro Oreo update
- Ensure you have strong network coverage in your phone to avoid interruptions while the download is going on.
- It’s recommended to download the update while connected to a WiFi network. If not, you need to have at least 2GB worth of data on your SIM before proceeding with the download.
- Make sure your smartphone’s battery is charged to at least 70% before you start the updating process.
- Ensure you have a backup of your current firmware in case anything goes wrong or you wish to downgrade your device if the update contains bugs
- Make Sure your Infinix Note 4 or Note 4 Pro is not rooted as this MAY brick the phone during the update process.
How was your experience with new Android Oreo update on the Note 4 devices? Leave us a comment below.