Its obvious Android data plans are the most flexible in most networks but they are also among the most costly, Blackberry users at the other hand seems to have been enjoying quite cheap data bundles from Airtel, Glo and MTN. Many android users would love to use the this plans on their android but their are rigorous process involved before that can be done.
In this article, you’re going to learn how to change the IMEI of your android phone to blackberry IMEI in order to enjoy BIS plans with your android phone and also how you subscribe for this plans, so lets quickly dive in.
How to change IMEI
Whether your android phone is rooted or not, you change your IMEI using the following method below with the help of mobile uncle tool:
Note: IMEI changing without root access is only guaranteed to work on below specified mediatek(mtk) phone; Tecno, Gionee, Infinix, Innjoo. You might require root access to be able to change your IMEI on other phone brands using the following procedure.
Make sure you also backup your old IMEI or save it somewhere.
Just dial *#06# to see your original IMEI.
2. Download your Android mobile uncle tools on Google play store
3. Launch your mobile uncle tools and click on “Engineer mode” then click on “Engineer Mode (Mtk)”
4. On the next page, swipe from right to left or click on connectivity then click on “cds information” , After that click on “Radio information”
5. The next page will tell you to select either “phone 1(sim 1)” or “phone 2 (sim 2)” click on your desired slot, we will be using phone 1 for this tutorial.
6. At the provided space is “AT+” don’t delete it, then type this code at the front of AT+ EGMR=1,7,”Your Imei Number”
The code will now look like this AT+ EGMR=1,7,”358********”then click on send at command, note that there should be a space in between AT+ and EGMR to get successful, If its successful a pop message of “AT command is msent” will be shown.
7. If you are to use phone 2 the only difference is you won’t be using AT+EGMR=1,7,”IMEI NUMBER”
Its just simple the only difference is that phone 1 uses “1,7,” While phone 2 uses “1,10,”
First of all, your Android phone must be rooted before you can carry out this process, you can use Kingroot App to have your phone rooted in one click. You may skip that if your phone is already rooted and continue with the steps below.
- Download Android SDK Tools here to your PC.
- Go to bootloader by putting off your Phone then power it on while holding the volume down button and it will boot to the bootloader, connect your phone to your PC with your cable and click on Fastboot. The volume is used to navigate and the power button is used to select your option.
- From Fastboot, click on computer and search “cmd”. It will open the command prompt window.
- Then type “fastboot getvar imei” it will display your current imei. Type “fastboot oem writeimei 35xxxx” the 35xxx stands for the Blackberry imei you want to use. You will get a success report. Now you can reboot your phone and enjoy your new IMEI.
==>Input the known 12 digits e.g 356760051192
==>Add 3 digits to the already known 12 digits making 15 digits e.g 356760051192549 and validate IMEI
==>If the random digit you choose is correct, it will display IMEI number is valid. But if the random digit is incorrect it will display IMEI number is not valid! And the valid IMEI will be displayed below it.
How Can I Activate the Airtel and Glo BIS plans?
>>Subscribe to Airtel Blackberry Plan 3GB for N1,000 by dialing *431#
>>Leave your phone APN to normal Airtel apn internet.ng.airtel.com
>>to check your data balance, dial *140#
>Text “COMonth” without quote to 777 at N1400/ month (3GB plan) to subscribe for Glo BIS
>>Configure the APN of your Android phone with blackberry.net, activate it as your default setting.
>>to check your data balance, dial *777*0#
For PC Users
Just activate the plan on your Android and use your Hotspot to connect to your PC. There you have, leave your comment if you’re having problems with the above steps and also share, sharing is caring.