Gionee S9 smartphone was launched in November 2016 with its design looking like that of the iPhone 7. The new S9 device from Gionee is a successor to the Gionee S8 moniker with some upgrade in most critical areas like; the screen sizes, dual camera setups, and fast chipset for better performance. The device will be available in two variants; the base model and another with the name – Gionee S9T.
The major differences between the two high-end smartphones are their processor speed and body design; Gionee S9T runs 2.0GHz, which is superior (in both data processing speed and information speed) to the S9 and is heavier in weight. Apart from these, they share the same features.
According to specs write ups, Gionee S9, and S9T sports a 5.5-inch IPS LCD display with its screen brightness resting on 1080 x 1920p, the same resolution on the predecessor; Gionee S8. The device runs Android 6.0 Marshmallow with an upgrade to Andriod 7.0 Nougat expected to hit the operating system as soon as possible.
Gionee S9 ticks on a MediaTek Helio P10 chipset that has an octa-core processor running at speed of up to 1.0GHz while the S9T packs faster processor of 2.0GHz. The RAM inside is 4GB for flexible multitasking along with massive 64GB of storage (expandable to 256GB via a microSD card).
In terms of camera, Gionee is joining the wave the dual camera makers with impressive camera combo slammed on the new S9 smartphones. You might also be tempted to assume they got the dual camera concept from the iPhone 7 devices.
For photography, you have a 13MP and 5MP with OIS, phase detection, autofocus and LED flash for capturing clear and detailed shot both in the day and at night. It also has good selfie potentials and great video chat experience; thanks to the 13MP camera with a front flash camera that provides light when you take a shot in a dark environment. Also, there is fingerprint sensor right under the back camera for a smooth snap and private data security.
Gionee S9 and Gionee S9T support dual SIM, 4G network, GPS, USB, FM radio, MicroUSB and they both house a 3000mAh battery with fast charging technology.
Gionee S9 and S9T Key features:
- Display: 5.5-inch LTPS IPS display 1080 x 1920 with Corning Gorilla Glass 4
- OS: Android 6.0 Marshmallow with Amigo OS 3.5 (Android 7.0 Nougat Coming soon)
- Hardware: MediaTek Helio P10 Chipset (1.0GHz & 2.0GHz)
- Mali-T860MP2 GPU
- Memory: 4GB RAM and 64GB ROM (128GB)
- Camera: 13MP + 5MP Back
- 13MP Front camera
- Fingerprint: Yes
- Battery: 3000mAh
- Connectivity: Bluetooth, WiFi, GPS, MicroUSB
- Dual SIM with Dual standby
- BODY Dimensions: 154.2 x 76.4 x 7.4 mm
- Weight: 168.2 g (5.93 oz)
- SOUND: 24-bit/192kHz audio, DTS sound and Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic
- Available in Gold, Black and Rose Gold colors
- SENSORS: Fingerprint, accelerometer, proximity, compass
- Price: from N100,000 in Nigeria and Ksh 20,000 in Kenya (about 260 USD)