Huawei Mate 9 Porsche Design is an unexpectedly attractive smartphone announced by the company at an official event organised for the Mate 9 flagship. The smartphone draws its design from one of the top fashion companies, Porsche Design, and Huawei.
Huawei Mate 9 Porsche Design is thinner, lighter and sports a 5.5-inch AMOLED screen with a QHD resolution of 1440 x 2560p. At 534 ppi pixel density, the smartphone offers maximum display brightness and clarity. Booting is powered by Android 7.0 Nougat Os with EMUI 5.0 on top.
The smartphone is powered by the latest Hisilicon 950 chipset which has an octa-core processor (4 x 2.4 + 4 x 1.8GHz) and Mali-G71 MP8. One of the top selling advantages of the chip, aside from the battery efficiency, is that it is capable of delivering to 4K 2160p video. The CPU is clearly supported by a bigger 6GB RAM memory for faster response and multitasking. The internal storage is capped at 256GB with no memory slot; that’s a large space for your music, videos, applications, games and other digital files.
Another selling point of the Huawei Mate 9 Porsche Design is the camera combination; at the back, there is the much talked about Leica-branded combo of 12MP colour sensor and a 20MP black & white sensor (as earlier discussed, it shoots up to 2160p video; thanks to the Kirin 960 chip). On the front side, there is an 8MP unit (1080p) for selfies, video calling and video chat. There is a fingerprint sensor too.
Huawei Mate 9 Porsche Design supports WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS, 4G LTE and receives power from a 4000mAh battery that charges faster via Huawei SuperCharge technology over Tye-C port. You can take the phone with you for over 24 hours in just 20 minutes of charge.
Huawei Mate 9 Porsche Design Price In Nigeria & Kenya:
When available on Jumia store, the smartphone will retail for N655,650 and Ksh 215,000 in Nigeria & Kenya respectively. This is just an estimate as it could be higher or lower.
Huawei Mate 9 Key Specifications
- Display: 5.5-inch AMOLED screen of 1440 x 2560p
- OS: Android 7.0 Nougat with EMUI 5.0
- Hardware: HiSilicon Kirin 960 Chip (Octa-Core)
- CPU Octa-core (4×2.4 GHz Cortex-A73 & 4×1.8 GHz Cortex-A53)
- GPU Mali-G71 MP8
- Memory: 6GB RAM/256GB (no card)
- CAMERA Primary Dual 20 MP +12 MP, f/2.2, OIS, 2x zoom, Leica optics, phase detection & laser autofocus, dual-LED (dual tone) flash
- Camera Features Geo-tagging, touch focus, face/smile detection, panorama, HDR
- Video Quality 2160p@30fps
- Secondary Camera 8 MP, f/1.9, 1080p
- Battery: 4000mAh with Super Charge Technology
- Dimensions 152 x 75 x 7.5 mm (5.98 x 2.95 x 0.30 in)
- Weight 169 g (5.96 oz)
- SIM Single SIM (Nano-SIM) or Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Sensors Fingerprint, accelerometer, gyro, proximity, barometer, compass