I believe that put many buyers off, given that we are now in the era of Android Nougat and it’s direct rivals (Tecno Camon CX and Camon CX Air) which was also launched the same period came with Android Nougat out of the box.
Well, the good news is that Infinix has started rolling out the Nougat update for Infinix S2 Pro. So if Android version is the excuse you have been giving for not getting the S2, you don’t have any excuse any more. 😉
At the moment, we can only confirm this for Infinix S2 Pro, but we believe that the update will also be available for Infinix S2 soon, if it is not available already.
The official update started rolling out today and it is already available for some users via OTA.
Besides bringing Android 7.0 Nougat and XOS 2.1.0, here are some other exciting features to expect from the update:
- Optimized interaction of fingerprint sensor to improve user experience
- Optimized the visual sense and interaction of Magazine lock screen interface
- Optimized the interface display of brand new Music 2.0
- Optimized the file sending status display of XShare to improve the fluency of interface sliding
- Optimized the multiple spots login experience of XAccount
- Optimized the interface display of Phone Manager, deeply clear trash
- Optimized te interface layout of XClub
- Optimized the activation and responding time
How to Upgrade Your Infinix S2 to Android 7.0 Nougat
Like we mentioned already, the update is available via OTA (over-the-air).
To upgrade, simply go to Settings>>About>>System update and check for update.
The update is about 1.8GB in size so make sure you have enough data and storage space before you begin to download.
If you experience extreme slow download, you can try this tip here to get a better download speed.