No, it was MTN that first had this data plan before Airtel felt they can do better with the plan and rolled out their’s as well with little goodies attached. MTN did a recent database upgrade which gave birth to lots of cheap data plans that one never expected to see from MTN. This stiffened the competition between Network providers in Nigeria.
Nicknamed different terms from “Don’t sleep” to “Till day break” (TDB) and others, the Airtel and MTN Night Plan is certainly for heavy data users who can afford to stay awake all night surfing the net. This plan is best if you have a large data file you want to download the best part is that most networks in Nigeria is especially faster during the midnight times because of lesser traffic, so your download will be more convenient and faster and cheaper.
The data will be functional from 12 a.m to 4 a.m in the morning for MTN subscribers, 12 a.m to 5 a.m for Airtel subscribers but price for both network subscribers remains at N25 for 500MB, the only difference here is the extra one hour Airtel added for their subscribers. You might be think – ‘500 MB is too small naa, what if I have larger files to download?’
Well MTN thought the same, so you have an option of getting 1GB for N200, 2.5 GB for N500 and even 5GB for just N1,000, this plan becomes functional from 9 p.m till 6 a.m. Airtel is not left behind here as well, you’ll be loaded with an extra 1.5 GB for just N50 which lasts from 12 a.m to 5 a.m, Airtel seems to be getting the better of this plan in price aspects and its also a good alternative of the former Airtel 1 hour for N100 and 2 hours unlimited download with N200.
Airtel also introduced 1GB for N500 which is valid for 1week AND N200 for 200MB + 30Min Airtel calls weekend offer and free 15mb for 7days when you recharge with N200. The call tariff on SmartTrybe offers 11k/s calls charges for all national networks (N6.60K/min).
How to Get 500mb on MTN for N25
- First of all, Migrate to MTN iPulse package by dialing *406# or sending 406 to 131.
- You should have at least N30 in your account balance.
- Then send NIGHT to 131 via SMS and you’ll get a message:“Dear customer, you have successfully subscribed to Free Night Browsing between 00:00 and 04:00. N25 has been deducted from your account.”
- wait until 12 a.m before you start cruising the net.
How to get 1GB, 2.5GB and 5GB for N200, N500 and N1,000 respectively on MTN
- First dial *198# and reply ‘2’ then ‘8’
- The MTN Night plan list will be displayed.
- Then select the plan of your choice and you’re good to go.
How Subscribe for 500MB and 1.5 GB for N25 and N5o respectively on Airtel
Step 1. Firstly, you have to migrate to Airtel SmartTrybe by dialing *312# then reply with ‘1’.
Step 2. After migrating to the plan, you can now subscribe For Airtel 1.5GB for N50, 500MB for N25 and 1GB for N500. Just dial *312# then;
- Reply with 2 for N500 For 1GB (7 days)
- Reply with 3 for 500MB for N25 and 1.5GB for N50 (Night Plan 12am – 5am)
- Reply with 4 for N200 for 200mb + 30Min call (Weekend: Sat and Sun)
Lemme hear what you think about this plans, leave a comment below and share!