OnePlus 7 Pro’s new update, coming specifically as the OxygenOS 9.5.7, most definitely packs a punch with a lot of new and improved features. The biggest improvement has to be on the Camera and judging by its changelog, it is worth the wait.
From the pictures released by the company of the camera performance of the OnePlus 7 Pro before and after the update, the difference was very obvious and the camera quality obviously seems better after the update.
The changelog includes:
For the Camera
- Improved overall contrast and color performance
- Improved white balance consistency of triple camera
- Improved accuracy and stability of auto focusing
- Fixed issue of greenish tone in some low light scenes
- Fixed issue of noise in some HDR scenes
- Improved contrast and colour saturation of ultra wide
- Improved clarity and noise reduction in low light scene of ultra wide
- Improved clarity and noise reduction of telephoto
- Improved clarity and color of Nightscape
- Improved brightness and clarity in extreme low light scene of Nightscape
For the System
- Optimized Double Tap to Wake
- Fixed issues with Ambient display
- Improved the audio quality for voice calls from third-party apps
- Improved touch sensitivity for screen
The improved touch sensitivity for the screen is most likely a fix for the random tap issues that have been reported by some user since the launch of the OnePlus 7 Pro but it was not stated explicitly.
The update has been made available to OnePlus 7 Pro users since Thursday, June 6. The company also states that every device owner should have it in a few days after commencement of the rollout.