Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus smartphone was launched in March 2017. The phone comes with a 6.20 inches touch, super AMOLED screen display with a resolution of 1440 pixels by 2960 pixels at a PPI of 529 pixels per inch. A little edge over the Samsung Galaxy S8 that hosts a 5.8 inches screen. S8 Plus uses a curved edge screen with Corning Gorilla Glass 5.
The Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus is powered by 1.9GHz octa-core Samsung Exynos 8895 processor and it comes with 4GB of RAM. Samsung is one of the first (if not the first) to launch with the latest Snapdragon 835 chipset. As every other year, there will also be an Exynos version for some markets. The S8 Plus hosts a Qualcomm Snapdragon 835: octa-core CPU (4xKryo 280 + 4xCortex-A53), Adreno 540 GPU. Exynos 8895: octa-core CPU (4x2nd-gen Mongoose + 4xCortex-A53), Mali-G71 GPU.
The phone packs 64GB of internal storage that can be expanded up to 256GB via a microSD card. As far as the cameras are concerned, the Samsung Galaxy S8 packs a 12-megapixel primary camera on the rear and a 8-megapixel front shooter for selfies. The camera features includes: 1/2.5″ sensor size, 1.4 µm pixel size, geo-tagging, simultaneous 4K video and 9MP image recording, touch focus, face/smile detection, Auto HDR, panorama.
The Galaxy S8 Plus runs Android 7.0 with TouchWiz UI and is powered by a bigger 3500mAh non removable battery. It measures 148.90 x 68.10 x 8.00 (height x width x thickness) and weigh 155.00 grams. The Samsung Galaxy S8 is simply gorgeous. Gone is the S7’s flat screen, and in its place is a tall, narrow drink of water with two curved sides.
Galaxy S8 Plus comes in two models, one is the Dual SIM model that uses the second SIM slot for SD card slot and then the single SIM (GSM) version that has a dedicated SIM slot. Connectivity options include Wi-Fi, GPS, Bluetooth, NFC, 3G and 4G. Sensors on the phone include Iris Scanner, Compass Magnetometer, Proximity sensor, Accelerometer, Ambient light sensor and Gyroscope and fingerprint sensor.
The S8 Plus also features a wireless charging ability as well as fast charge technology, it also comes with an Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic. The home button supports 3D touch.
The Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus is available for purchase at a starting price of USD850 which is about NGN350,000 in the Nigeria currency, the price might vary depending on your location in the country.
Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus Specifications
- Glass Body cover
- Android 7.0 Nougat With TouchWiz UI
- 6.2 inches Ultra HD(1440x 2960 px, 529 PPI) display (3D Touch (home button only)- Always-on display)
- Chipset:Qualcomm MSM8998 Snapdragon 835 – US model Exynos 8895 Octa – EMEA
- CPU: Octa-core (4×2.35 GHz Kryo & 4×1.9 GHz Kryo) – US model Octa-core (4×2.3 GHz & 4×1.7 GHz) – EMEA
- GPU: Adreno 540
- 4GB RAM with 64GB ROM
- Dual SIM Card with dual standby
- Iris scanner, fingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, barometer, heart rate, SpO2
- 12 MP back camera with LED Flash
- 8 MP front camera
- 4G Connectivity
- 3500mAh Battery
- Dimension: 159.5 x 73.4 x 8.1 mm, 176g
- Price: About NGN 400,000 (USD 850)
- Colors: Midnight Black, Orchid Gray, Arctic Silver, Coral Blue, Maple Gold
- Protectio: -Corning Gorilla Glass 5 back panel
-IP68 certified – dust/water proof over 1.5 meter and 30 minutes