Globacom Nigeria is Nigeria’s very own network, they are best known for cheap data bundle rate, but most times, its only the blackberry users that enjoy this cheap offers because android data bundle plans are always costly.
Blackberry plans are known to be extremely cheap compare to that of its counterparts so every body seems to be searching for a way to use blackberry plans on android devices, people have been successful with this on MTN, AIRTEL and some times ago ETISALAT but for GLO what worked best was changing IMEI of android devices to that of blackberry, this was a problem as many people don’t want to mess around with such technical stuffs.
Good new is there is a way you can use GLO BIS plan on android without changing IMEI, the steps are listed below.
Steps to Using GLO Blackberry BIS Plan on Android Without Changing IMEI
- First insert your GLO SIM into your android device, goto Settings>Mobile Neworks>Access Point Names and edit the it, only change the APN to blackberry.net then subscribe to a GLO blackberry plan, see here for full list of GLO blackberry plans
- Put off the network (under SIM management) or put the andoid device into flight mode.
- Insert the SIM card into a blackberry phone that supports BIS
- Now in the blackberry device you should be able to browse the internet with the SIM, now turn it to use 2G and now 3G/4G, now you should see EDGE in capital letter.
- Open up the default blackberry browser and try to surf the net a little with the BIS plan on EDGE network, if you are unable to browse with the SIM for any reason goto Options>Device>Advance Settings>Host Routing Table> Press the Blackberry opion key (BB sign on your phone) and click register, then remove the blackberry and insert it back (hard reset) then try to browse again with the default browser, you should be able to browse now.
- After browsing a bit on the blackberry phone, remove the SIM and insert in your android device which has its network OFF, now put ON the network or remove from flight mode and you should see H/E signal now and surely you can start browsing on your android device with the GLO BIS plan.
impotant: if you put off your android device or your battery runs out you will have to repeat the process, so the best is, before your battery runs out just put OFF network then put back ON when you have charged it
You can also create hotspot on your android device and enjoy GLO Blackberry BIS plan on your laptop or PC!
Enjoy but also remember to share with your, sharing is caring.