MTN reshuffled there data plans and internet bundles and came up with affordable data plans. The data bundles and their activation prices are quite appreciable this time.
Just in case you didn’t know by now, MTN now offers full Data rollover which means you can now rollover your unused internet data to the next month subscription.
All you have to do is ensure that you auto-renew your data subscription before it expires and your unused data is automatically moved to the next month. However, important to note that data rollover feature is only applicable to monthly plans.
Note: The data plans listed below and their prices have been revised and thoroughly checked to make sure they are up to date.
- MTN data plans for all devices
- MTN Goodybag social plans
- MTN night data plans
- How to check MTN data balance
All MTN data plans and their subscription codes
|Bundle Plan||Price (N)||Validity Period||Activation Code (Text to 131)||Activation Code (USSD)|
MTN Goodybag Social Plans
|Social Plans||Price (N)||Validity Period||Activation Code (Text to 131)|
|Facebook weekly||25||7 days||FBW|
|Facebook monthly||60||30 days||FBM|
|WhatsApp weekly||25||7 days||WAW|
|WhatsApp monthly||60||30 days||WAM|
|Twitter weekly||25||7 days||TWTW|
|Twitter monthly||60||30 Days||TWTM|
|Eskimi weekly||25||7 Days||ESKW|
|Eskimi monthly||60||30 Days||ESKM|
|WeChat weekly||25||7 Days||WCW|
|WeChat monthly||60||30 Days||WCM|
|2go weekly||25||7 Days||2GOW|
|2go monthly||60||30 Days||2GOM|
MTN night data plans
For the night surfers, you can get 500MB for just 25 naira to browse through the mid-night. Below is how you can subscribe to MTN mid-night plans.
- First of all, you will need to Migrate to MTN iPulse package by dialing *406# or sending 406 to 131.
- You should have at least N30 in your account balance.
- Then send NIGHT to 131 via SMS and you’ll get a message:“Dear customer, you have successfully subscribed to Free Night Browsing between 00:00 and 04:00. N25 has been deducted from your account.”
- wait until 12 a.m before you start cruising the net.
How to get 1GB, 2.5GB and 5GB for N200, N500 and N1,000 respectively on MTN night plan
- First dial *198# and reply ‘2’ then ‘8’
- The MTN Night plan list will be displayed.
- Then select the plan of your choice and you’re good to go.
How to check MTN data balance
You can check your data balance on MTN by simply texting 2 to 131 or by alternatively dialing *131*4# or *559# or *559*2#.
This allows you to enjoy un-interrupted data access on your phone or tablet. Your active data bundle will be automatically renewed at the end of the validity period. In case you exhaust your data bundle before the validity date, you will receive a notification advising you to activate a new data plan or continue at pay as you go rate (5k/kb).
Notes: The table above represents the Peak data rates across the MTN network, and also shows the average transfer rate of data when accessing popular internet sites using the MTN Network. Also note that the average transfer rate might be more or less depending on the rate of data consumption of the application involved.
How to transfer Data bundle on MTN using MTN Data gifting
I’m sure you must have heard of MTN data gifting, its a way to transfer data bundle on MTN using a simple code or SMS. Data Gifting service allows you to send a data bundle to your friends and loved ones, by simply paying for the data bundle on behalf of the person.
Data Gifting can also be used to send data to your other smartphones, modems and iPad.
See methods below:
How to send Data as a Gift Plan on MTN:
Option 1 (SMS):
- 1. Register for the Data Gifting service by sending keyword REG to 131; you will receive a unique authentication PIN
- 2. Text key word “GIFT [MSISDN][Data Bundle Code][PIN] to 131. E.g Gift 0803xxxxxxxx 106 0000.
Where 106 is the code of 100MB monthly plan and 0000 is your PIN”
Option 2 (USSD):
- Dial *131# and follow the menu prompt
thanks for this
I love this blog because it always contains useful, entertaining and related contents to my own blog. I have bookmarked it for daily visiting. Read more on MTN Data Plans for 2018 here Comments from LuqTech MTN Data Plans
Mtn data plans still need reviewed.